This flu vaccine is recommended for everyone from 6 months of age, but is available free under the National Immunisation Program for people who face a high risk from influenza and its complications. These are:
- People aged 65 years +
- ATSI people aged 6 months to less than 5 years
- ATSI people who are aged 15 years +
- Pregnant women
- People aged 6 months + with medical conditions such as severe asthma, lung or heart disease, low immunity or diabetes that can lead to complications from influenza.
The Quadrivalent flu vaccine is available privately for $20.
If you are travelling overseas before 14 April
- If you require a flu shot before travelling, we can provide a private Trivalent flu vaccine for $15
- It generally takes about 10 days for the vaccine to fully take effect
What is the difference?
The Trivalent flu vaccine offers protection against 3 strains of the flu virus, as opposed to the Quadrivalent flu vaccine, which offers protection against 4 strains.
Call to book your appointment now